The orthodontic treatment has come a long way, and the days are gone when we had metal braces and wires to align our teeth. With the advent of modern technologies, there are several options one can try for their teeth. Aligners are one among those modern treatment that helps to align the teeth with plastic trays and customized treatment.
Aligners are designed specifically for patients and based on their needs, which is comfortable for them rather than getting challenges through traditional braces. This article will study what aligners can do for you and how it works. If you live in Florida, you can visit any dentist in Boynton Beach, FL, for more guidance regarding aligners.
What are Aligners?
Aligners are similar to traditional braces and wires, customized for the patients. These aligners are made up of plastic trays that fit your teeth to reduce the gaps and solve various other problems. It is specifically designed to shift the teeth into the desired location. Doctors suggest using these aligners for around 20-22 hours for one to two weeks to see the effective result.
How do Aligners Work?
You have to follow various steps for aligners, and the first and foremost step is to consult your dentist, who can very well suggest whether you need an aligner or not. So, once you approve of having aligners, you can proceed with the procedure.
- Orthodontists will take 3D images of your teeth and take their impressions to design the aligners similarly.
- With this model development, the orthodontists will develop a plan to specify how long it will take to align the teeth.
- Once you start using aligners, you can see that there will be gradual movement of teeth, and after a specific time, the teeth will be aligned straight.
- If the gap is greater, frequent aligners will last until all the teeth are aligned straight.
What are the Benefits of Aligners?
- Invisible: The most crucial benefit of aligners is that they are virtually invisible, and therefore, the problem of traditional braces and wires needs to be seen in this case. These aligners are hardly noticeable and, thus, a massive advantage for people.
- Removable: Aligners are removable, unlike traditional braces. As it is removable, it is helpful to maintain your oral hygiene as you can remove it while brushing and also keep your natural teeth healthy.
- Comfortable: There is no risk of irritation and discomfort, which was seen in braces and wires. Aligners also do not cause any risk of cuts and sores, which are mainly found in braces and wires.
So, these are certain vital benefits of aligners due to which people are shifting from traditional braces to new and modern aligners.